Thursday, January 17, 2013

All's quiet on the Congolese front. . . . .


Well, according to our adoption timeline, we have not had an update on the progress of bringing Addison home since 09 November 2012. . . .   Does no news mean good news or does it mean no movement?  I think the latter and it is excruciating!  Lots of people have asked the million dollar question, "What's the hold up?"  I wish I knew because then I would be shouting it from the rooftops so "we" (adoptive families) could come up with a solution.

We are no strangers to waiting.  Early in our marriage, Darin and I suffered two miscarriages.  It was extremely difficult!  We wondered what happened, what did we do wrong and would we ever become parents.  So, God's Plan has been hard for me to handle.  After our second miscarriage I was furious to my core.  I questioned my relationship with God.  How could He?  Why would He?  Where was He?  When would He?  Tough questions to wrestle with daily.  Then I came across this book by one of my favorite people, Dr. James Dobson; When God Doesn't Make Sense.  By the end of the book, I was renewed.  I felt restored.  Even though I did not fully understand why, I knew that I had to let go and TRUST HIM.  He knew what was in our future a very long time ago.  I just needed to LET IT GO!  Those of you that know me know how difficult that is for me.  I'm like a dog with it's bone. . . . I'm NOT letting go!  I also discovered that in the end, I would know the why and be reunited with my angels.  That gave me great peace.  He let me know that in His time, we would be parents.  A little over a year after we lost our second baby, we were pregnant with our oldest son. 

What I'm trying to get at is, our path to parenthood has not been easy.  Neither will our path to bring home Addi.    In HIS time, we will get news.  In HIS time, we will bring her home.  It's tough. . . . . but, it will be RIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment