I'm sorry it has been a while since our last entry. Life keeps us busy. We did however, receive Addi's adoption decree!! BIG NEWS!! We were expecting a court date to arrive any day. Then on Tuesday of last week, I opened my email and there was Addi's adoption decree which was signed on January 25th! So, now we are in the 30 day appeal process, then the documents will be translated and then we can file the I600!! Whoop!! Whoop!! Then the 3-6month investigation process begins!
I must say, that I was absolutely floored when I opened the email. It was not what we were expecting. Of course, the document was all in French, so I have a soccer-mom friend who is an attorney and fluent in French to decipher if for us. In a nutshell it says that "it is the judgement of the court that Addi be awarded to us, dated 25 January 2013." So exciting!!
I also forgot to do a post about Created For Care - January 2013! Holy cow!! IT WAS AMAZING! If you have an opportunity to go next year, I highly recommend it! I will be there for sure! Us Congo Mommas need to meet up!
We also received six more pics today. I have asked a doctor to go in and check in on Addi. To our knowledge, it has been over a year since her last exam. I am anxious to get her measurements to know her size, among other things.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment